Friday, December 28, 2007

2008 - A new year, a new blog

Greetings! Thanks to all visiting my soon-to-be-awesome new blog. Now some of you may be wondering, ah, Veronica, didn't you have a blog, one in which you posted maybe three entries on? To answer your question, yes indeed I did -the now defunct Photos From The Bay and Beyond. It started out with good intentions but quite frankly, I just got too lazy and too unmotivated to do anything with it. But now after discovering the wonderfully helpful and awe-inspiring Strobist (i'm going to post a link to it somewhere around here) and new-fangled love for experimenting with my photography, I've decided to give the blogging another go. Why the name "Light Lab and other adventures" you ask? I figured this will be the place to post all my successful and horribly embarrassing experiments with my photography and new approach to using strobes - it is a place of experiment and constant adjustment in an attempt to achieve better photos and to push myself to be creative. Plus I thought the name sounded snazzy and I'm relishing the old days when I actually developed photos in an actual lab. Ahh, I can remember the sweet smell of fixer on the fingers....
Though my emphasis here will be to mainly attempt to gain greater knowledge of strobes and interesting lighting effects, I may sporadically post things related to assignments at the paper or my own projects. I defineteley have some cool self projects I want to start working on, the hardest part is willing myself to get off the couch on the weekends to go out and start shooting them. I welcome all feedback, please if something sucks, or just doesn't work, tell me about it. I can only get better as a photographer when people don't hold back and will tell me when a photo blows. thanks for checking in to the Light Lab!

No comments: