Friday, March 28, 2008

Futbol


You know, lately I have developed a real love for this job. Every day is something new, a chance to meet new people and hear their stories, a chance to get a peek into some previously unfamiliar territory. On Tuesday, this is how my day went:
Assignment #1 was spent wandering around a native plant garden, feeling the sun warm my face, hearing the bees buzz around me, smelling the wonderful scents of the sage plants. Not the most thrilling of assignments, sure, but not a bad way to spend half an hour in the day.
Assignment #2 was spent photographing an after school soccer club created to provide "at risk" kids with an alternative, all including, less expensive, and definetely less snobby then AYSO, chance to play soccer. Sure I got hit in the head, hard, with the soccer ball. And sure I almost got kicked 10 times and narrowly escaped being pushed down with the camera smashed to my face...but hey, I got to spend an hour and a half, in a park, hanging out with funny kids who say things like...."Oh, he's got skittles (instead of skills)". Pretty cool.


No comments: