Monday, March 17, 2008

Under The Skin


This was shot a few weekends ago in Palo Alto but I neglected to post it on here until just now. Sometimes I have those assignments which make me think to myself, "damn, am I lucky or what to be getting paid to do this" -this was one such assignment. A group of local dancers from Stanford were rehearsing for their upcoming modern dance piece entitled "Under The Skin". Mainly it's a piece about women dealing with breast cancer through modern dance. But there's so much to it...the piece integrates the sounds of MRI machines and various hospital sounds, there's dialogue spoken by women who had or have cancer about their feelings, their scars, their fears, and how their lives have changed. The piece integrates older women who are breast cancer survivors. It's one of the most moving pieces of dance I've ever had the fortune to see.

No comments: