Monday, January 21, 2008

Kids

Yeah, yeah....so I take a lot of kid photos. I'd say 50% of my photo assignments from here revolve around kids. That's because Menlo Park is a pretty kid-friendly town, and there are tons of really good schools around here. I can understand why so many people move here from the city. Let's face it, the city is not a good place to raise children, not if you want them to experience taking the school bus everyday, or running through the woods, or being able to walk home by themself without having to worry about getting runover by Muni or accosted by another crazy on the street (sorry, I'm in a bitter mood today). Anyways, I'll take kid photos anyday. Anytime I get a kid assignment it always puts me in a good mood, even when they cheese it up in front of the camera. These shots were for an upcoming story on the newly rebuilt elementary school in Woodside. This school is friggin' rich. I mean the whole project cost 14 million to complete. 14 million! Too bad some of that doesn't go to help the kids on the other side of the freeway. Here are some scenes of kids playing in the new school:


Sorting through the books in the library.


Kindergartners running and playing during recess (this photo really reminds me of my own childhood when I'd just run around the playground till my feet pulled under me.)

No comments: