Friday, January 25, 2008

The light in the attic

This past Tuesday (sorry these posts are out of order, but i'm high on dayquil and cold-eeze so give me some slack) I got the lovely assignment to photograph a furnace. An energy efficient furnace. Oh joy I thought. Everyday is an adventure with this job, tuesday was no different. I got to wriggle up a shaky and not at all steady ladder into this couple's attic where I got to hit my head and earn some bruises from the low ceiling studded with wooden beams, all the meantime getting my cute new black jacket all covered in dusty newspaper insulation. But the light in there was surpisingly gorgeous, and I ended up getting this nice portrait of Bob coming up the ladder into his attic. That's the furnace on the right, I was really disappointed with it though. I was hoping for something ferocious looking with huge flames coming from its copper belly -maybe I'm letting Sweeney Todd affect my imagination there just a tad.

No comments: